Sunday, August 26, 2012

2 ears 1 mouth... listen to talk, talk to listen?

Some reference questions which I have gathered and apply over my years in financial advisory...Feel free to add to this list. More could benefit from our sharing.

What do I want to accomplish with my life? What do I want to accomplish with my money? What is my number 1 priority? What are my top five priorities?
If I were now 100 and looking back, what would I Like to to have accomplished?
What's really important to me? What's important about money to me?
Where do I see myself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? at age 100?
What is my 100-year plan? What are my goals?What are the milestones in my life up tip now? What does financial freedom mean to me? What does success mean to me? Why am I here? What is my purpose? What is my mission?
If I could design and live my ideal calendar, what would it look like?
If I knew I had only six months to live, what changes would I make in my life?
If I knew I have only six months to live, what changes would I make in my estate plan?
If I could live my life over again, what would I do differently?
If I knew that I could not fail, what would I do?

If I had $1,000,000, what would I do with it? How would I want to leave it?
How much is enough? What is my exit strategy?
What are my primary concerns? What keeps me awake at night?
When I die, to whom will my family turn for advice? Who are my primary advisors?
What is the most important advice I could give to my children?

How do I want to be remembered by my children? My grandchildren? My favourite charity? My community? By society? If I were to be remembered for only one thing, what would I want it to be?
What would I like to accomplish as a result of developing a master action plan?
Who are the ten most important people in my life outside of my immediate family?
Where do I want my money to go?

How do I feel about the tax system in this country?
How do I feel about inherited wealth?
What is my investment philosophy?
Aside form my company stock, how would I rate myself as an investor?
What mistakes have I made as an investor?

1 comment:

  1. "Ideas that help you to make a difference" by Howard Wright who shared his financial concepts in his newsletters.

    A sample of his newsletters could be found at http://www.howardwight.com/Newsletter_Ideas.pdf

    Some of his ideas which I've subscribed to are valuable resources to apply in our daily financial coaching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave your comment. Let me get back to you soon. Meanwhile, you could contact me at +65 9389 7195 or drop me a mail at chewhockbeng@gmail.com.